What is the difference between plasma cutting machine and fiber laser cutting machine?
Fiber laser cutting, because the invisible beam replaces the traditional mechanical knife, the mechanical part of the laser head has no contact with the work, and will not scratch the work surface during work; the laser cutting speed is fast, the cutting is smooth and flat, and generally not Need follow-up processing; cutting heat affected zone is small. The plasma machine is a thermal cutting equipment. Its working principle is to use the heat of the high-temperature plasma arc to locally melt the metal at the incision of the workpiece, and use the momentum of the high-speed plasma to remove the molten metal to form an incision.
Why is plasma laser cutting thicker than fiber and cheaper than fiber?
1. Plasma cutting machine has rough surface, it has advantages in cutting thick plates, and the price is low.
2. The laser cutting surface is smooth, and the plasma is rough, so you need to send someone to repair the burrs. The laser cutting surface is smooth, the compensation is small, the precision is higher, and it is more expensive. In terms of cost, plasma is about 1/3 cheaper than laser.
3. The disadvantage of plasma is the slit width, which is about 3mm. The most important component of plasma is the power supply, which is equivalent to the laser of a laser cutting machine. The power consumption of plasma is quite severe. Commonly used spare parts electrode protection nozzles are also quite expensive, especially the electrode drilling is very expensive.
4. Plasma is often used for thick plate cutting, while fiber laser cutting machine is often used for thin plate cutting. Plasma cutting needs to send someone to repair the burrs, and laser cutting can be formed at one time. No secondary processing is required.
Laser cutting machine and plasma cutting machine are distinguished in detail:
1. Compared with plasma cutting, laser cutting is much more precise, the heat-affected zone is much smaller, and the slit is much smaller;
2. If you want precise cutting, small kerf, small heat-affected zone, and small plate deformation, it is recommended to choose a laser cutting machine;
3. Plasma cutting uses compressed air as the working gas and high-temperature and high-speed plasma arc as the heat source to partially melt the metal to be cut, and at the same time blow away the molten metal with high-speed airflow to form a cut;
4. The heat-affected zone of plasma cutting is relatively large, and the slit is relatively wide. It is not suitable for cutting thin plates because the plates will be deformed due to heat;
5. The price of laser cutting machine is a bit more expensive than plasma cutting machine.
The above is the whole content of "What is the difference between plasma cutting machine and fiber laser cutting machine?", if you have any questions, please leave a message or consult customer service.